When purchasing a new puppy or traveling long distance with a large dog, it may be necessary to ship your pet as cargo. While not all major airlines provide this service, American, Continental, Delta and United each offer cargo transport services for dogs, as long as airline safety requirements are met.
- 1 Are airlines allowing dogs to be shipped?
- 2 Which airline is best for shipping pets?
- 3 How much does it cost to ship a dog by air?
- 4 How do you send a dog by airline?
- 5 Can you ship a dog through FedEx?
- 6 How can I ship my dog to another state?
- 7 What airlines ship live animals?
- 8 Does Southwest fly dogs as cargo?
- 9 Can you fly a pet alone?
- 10 How expensive is it to fly a dog?
- 11 How can I ship a dog?
- 12 What airlines allow dogs in cargo 2021?
Are airlines allowing dogs to be shipped?
Depending on animal breed and size, they can travel as a carry-on or be transported through American Airlines Cargo. Carry-on pets are limited to cats and dogs that meet the size, age and destination requirements. Fully-trained service dogs may fly in the cabin at no charge if they meet the requirements.
Which airline is best for shipping pets?
Of the major U.S. airlines, only Alaska, American and Hawaiian — our top three best airlines for traveling with pets — will transport pets in checked baggage and/or cargo.
How much does it cost to ship a dog by air?
Example Estimate: Flying one small dog (like a Chihuahua) domestically via cargo with a pet-friendly airline, will likely cost between $275 USD to $300 USD. Larger dogs’ airfreight (like a Great Dane) can go up to around $1000 USD for a domestic move, especially if you have a custom kennel.
How do you send a dog by airline?
How to Ship a Dog Safely
- Start planning early to learn about country import rules, vaccine requirements and anything else that will affect your pet’s plans.
- Measure your dog, choose an airline-approved travel crate, and start crate-training right away.
- Book your dog’s flight on a pet friendly airline.
Can you ship a dog through FedEx?
FedEx Express does not accept live-animal shipments as part of its regular-scheduled service and does not transport household pets such as dogs, cats, birds and hamsters.
How can I ship my dog to another state?
How Can I Ship My Dog From State to State?
- Call the airline to make a reservation for your dog well ahead of time, whether he’s traveling with you or alone.
- Verify that the shipping kennel meets airline standards.
- Get a health certificate from your vet no more than 10 days before you’re going to ship your dog.
What airlines ship live animals?
Protection, Care & Comfort. Delta Cargo is committed to the safe and reliable transport of all live animals in our care. Our specially trained ground handlers offer personalized care, and our Cargo Control Center agents actively track every step of their journey.
Does Southwest fly dogs as cargo?
Will pets be allowed in cargo? Under no circumstances will we accept pets in the cargo bin. Southwest Airlines only accept cats and dogs in-cabin.
Can you fly a pet alone?
Virtually all airlines accept pets in cargo except for Southwest Airlines, JetBlue and the smaller commuter airlines that do not have facilities for them. Hundreds of pets travel alone every day and arrive safely at their destination.
How expensive is it to fly a dog?
Airlines typically charge a $100 to $125 one-way fee to bring your dog in the cabin. And, if you want your pet to fly in the cabin, you’ll need to purchase an airline-compliant pet carrier, which can cost from $30 up to $250, according to Consumer Reports.
How can I ship a dog?
You have 4 primary methods for shipping your dog: auto, ground shipping, airlines, and a professional shipping service. By Air
- Your dog flies with you in the cabin of the plane.
- Your dog flies on your plane but in the cargo area.
- Your dog flies unaccompanied by you in the cargo area.
What airlines allow dogs in cargo 2021?
13 Airlines That Allow Flying With Dogs In-Cabin [& 2021 Prices & Policies]
- Aegean Airlines.
- Air Canada.
- Air Europa.
- Air France.
- Alaska Air.
- American Airlines.