You can find the baggage tracker at AA.com/baggage in the “Track Your Bags” section. Just enter your last name and either your record locator, which you can find on your boarding pass, or your bag tag number, which is on your baggage claim ticket.
- 1 Can you track your checked luggage?
- 2 How do I track my baggage claim?
- 3 How do I track my luggage at the airport?
- 4 Where do you get your baggage?
- 5 Where is my luggage customer service?
- 6 How long does it take to find lost baggage?
- 7 How much does American Airlines compensate for lost baggage?
- 8 How do I get my luggage back from the airport?
- 9 What is the easiest way to identify your luggage?
- 10 What is my baggage claim number?
- 11 Where do I find my baggage file reference number?
- 12 Do airlines reimburse you for lost luggage?
- 13 How do I pay for baggage on American Airlines?
- 14 Where does my luggage go on a connecting flight?
Can you track your checked luggage?
Visit your airline’s website and go to the “Tracked Baggage” page. Sign into your account on your airline’s website, and go to the “Baggage” section of the website. Then, click on “Track Checked Baggage.”
How do I track my baggage claim?
Look up where the baggage claim is located at your destination airport so you can get there quickly after your flight lands to secure a prime spot around the carousel. Also, try to find out what your airline’s procedures are for lost or delayed luggage, familiarizing yourself with where and how to report missing bags.
How do I track my luggage at the airport?
Your baggage details have been entered into our worldwide computerized baggage tracing system. You may check the status of your delayed bag on this link http://www.worldtracer.aero/ filedsp/ai.htm. Please ensure your name, address, flight information and bag type details are correct.
Where do you get your baggage?
Get to the baggage claim area before your bags do If you are in an unfamiliar airport with a large baggage claim area, there may be many baggage carousels. If you are not sure where to go, ask one of your airline’s agents, or look for a baggage carousel board that lists which carousel will have your flight’s bags.
Where is my luggage customer service?
[email protected] **Please note, we will respond to your email as soon as possible. Emails received after 12:30 AM EST will be answered after 8 AM EST.
How long does it take to find lost baggage?
It can take airlines anywhere from a few hours to a month to locate your bag, and another four weeks to three months to reimburse you. In some cases, they’ll offer you travel vouchers worth more than the cash they owe you, but you should make sure those aren’t constrained by restrictions and blackout dates.
How much does American Airlines compensate for lost baggage?
Liability for loss, delay or damage to bags is limited to $3,800.
How do I get my luggage back from the airport?
Here are a few steps to take when your luggage is lost.
- Contact the airline.
- Request delivery to your home or accommodation.
- Request checked baggage fee reimbursement.
- Submit a claim to the airline after 24 hours.
- Keep receipts of incidental expenses.
- Check your credit card benefits.
What is the easiest way to identify your luggage?
Rule number one for avoiding lost luggage is to label your luggage properly and make it easy to identify: On the luggage tag, write your name, destination address, and, if possible, a phone number where you can be reached while traveling. Exclude your home address.
What is my baggage claim number?
Your record locator, or confirmation code, is a 6-letter code included on your boarding pass and confirmation email. Your bag tag number is on your baggage claim ticket and is either 10 digits (all numbers) or 8 characters (letters and numbers).
Where do I find my baggage file reference number?
Note: Your file reference number is an 8-10 digit alphanumeric code, which you’ll find on the front of the information folder given to you by a Delta agent with whom you reported your baggage delay or damage.
Do airlines reimburse you for lost luggage?
When an airline loses your luggage, it’s never fun. You should know that on flights within the U.S., airlines are legally required to reimburse you up to $3,500 if your bags are lost, damaged or delayed in getting to you.
How do I pay for baggage on American Airlines?
How does it work?
- You can choose to pay for up to 3 checked bags (per person) before arriving at the airport.
- If the option is available on your flight, payment is taken during check-in on aa.com or in the app starting 24 hours and up to 4 hours before scheduled departure.
Where does my luggage go on a connecting flight?
When you purchase a connecting flight, checked baggage is usually forwarded to your final destination, and will change planes when you do. The agent at check-in will usually ask if you want your luggage checked through to your last stop.