Carryon items are limited to one bag plus one smaller, personal-type item. Southwest Airlines limits carryon bag dimensions to 10 x 16 x 24 inches. All Customers and Employees and their items are subject to a thorough physical search.
- 1 Is a backpack considered a carry-on Southwest?
- 2 What are the items allowed in carry-on luggage?
- 3 What is not allowed on carry-on bags?
- 4 Can you take snacks on Southwest Airlines?
- 5 Can I have a phone charger in my hand luggage?
- 6 Can I bring a razor in my carry-on?
- 7 Can I bring a backpack and a carry-on?
- 8 Can you put shoes in your carry-on bag?
- 9 Can I bring snacks on a plane?
- 10 What is the 311 rule?
- 11 Can you bring deodorant on a plane?
- 12 Does southwest give snacks during Covid?
- 13 What are TSA approved snacks?
- 14 Does Southwest serve drinks during Covid?
Is a backpack considered a carry-on Southwest?
Yes, as a Southwest passenger, you are allowed one carry-on bag and one personal item. Per the Southwest.com FAQs, TSA regulations allow a backpack as a personal item when dimensions are 18.5 x 8.5 x 13.5 inches.
What are the items allowed in carry-on luggage?
What You Can Bring on a Plane in Your Carry-On
- Small tools.
- Nonflammable liquids, gels, and aerosols—including food, drinks, and toiletries—in quantities of 3.4 ounces or less.
- Matches and lighters.
- Knitting needles.
- Medication and medical equipment.
What is not allowed on carry-on bags?
You cannot take containers larger than 100 millilitres or 100 grams, even if they are partially filled. For example, a 200 gram toothpaste tube that is half-full is not allowed. At the screening point all liquids, aerosols and gels in your carry-on baggage must be separately presented for screening.
Can you take snacks on Southwest Airlines?
Re: snacks Certainly! Anything not a gel or liquid can be brought with you through security and anything you purchase after security can be brought onto the plane.
Can I have a phone charger in my hand luggage?
You can take all plug-in phone chargers with you in your carry-on or checked bags with ease as they do not contain any form of battery and, therefore, do not present any danger. Typically, you will not be able to use this type of charger onboard as most airplanes do not have power sockets.
Can I bring a razor in my carry-on?
They’re fine to pack in your carry-on without the blade. The blades must be stored in your checked luggage. The same applies for straight razors. Disposable Razors: Disposable razors come in two types.
Can I bring a backpack and a carry-on?
You can bring a carry-on suitcase that can be 22 x 14 x 9 inches and a backpack that can be 18 x 14 x 8 inches. Your backpack should be stowed under the seat and your carry-on baggage can go in the overhead bin. She’d need to fit it in her backpack or suitcase or resort to checked luggage.
Can you put shoes in your carry-on bag?
Yes you can take shoes in your hand luggage, no problems. Just remember your weight allowence for hand baggage too.
Can I bring snacks on a plane?
Solid food items (not liquids or gels) can be transported in either your carry-on or checked baggage. TSA officers may instruct travelers to separate items from carry-on bags such as foods, powders, and any materials that can clutter bags and obstruct clear images on the X-ray machine.
What is the 311 rule?
Each passenger may carry liquids, gels and aerosols in travel-size containers that are 3.4 ounces or100 milliliters. Each passenger is limited to one quart-size bag of liquids, gels and aerosols.
Can you bring deodorant on a plane?
Stick deodorant is fine in any size. Well, almost any size… Spray, Gel, Liquid, Cream, Pastes, and Roll-On deodorants need to be in containers no larger than 3.4 ounces and placed in a clear quart-sized baggie.
Does southwest give snacks during Covid?
Can I buy food on Southwest flights? We do not offer snacks for purchase during the flight, so be sure to grab something before boarding.
What are TSA approved snacks?
5 TSA-Approved Snacks
- Veggies and Hummus. Pop carrots and celery into a glass jar.
- Assorted Chilled Snacks. Use silicone cupcake holders to separate lunch meat, cheese cubes, dried fruits and nuts and crackers in a glass container.
- On-the-Go Salad.
- Dried Nuts and Fruits.
- Apple and Peanut Butter.
Does Southwest serve drinks during Covid?
Southwest initially suspended all onboard beverages and snacks. However, as of mid-March 2021, the airline is serving a limited selection of non-alcoholic beverages and snacks on flights over 250 miles. These include water, Coke, Diet Coke and 7-Up.