Booking American flights with Alaska miles To use Alaska miles to book an American flight, select “Use miles” while searching for a flight on the Alaska Airlines site or app. The results will include award travel on any available partner airline flight, and you can filter the results for American Airlines flights.
- 1 Can you use Alaska air miles on American Airlines?
- 2 How do I add my Alaska Mileage Plan number to American Airlines?
- 3 How do I redeem my Alaska Miles?
- 4 Does Alaska status work on American?
- 5 Can I use Alaska miles to upgrade on American?
- 6 How do I use my Alaska voucher?
- 7 How do I find my Alaska Mileage Plan number?
- 8 Can I transfer Alaska miles to Marriott points?
- 9 How do I keep Alaska miles from expiring?
- 10 Do you get miles when you use miles Alaska?
- 11 Can I use my Alaska companion fare for international flights?
Can you use Alaska air miles on American Airlines?
Redeem Alaska miles on all American Airlines flights. Alaska Lounge members can access American’s 50 Admirals Club locations.
How do I add my Alaska Mileage Plan number to American Airlines?
If upgrades aren’t at stake, then you can add your Alaska number to the reservation any time — when you book, by calling reservations, through the “My Trips” section of aa.com, etc.
How do I redeem my Alaska Miles?
How do I go about using my miles for air travel? Award tickets may be booked online for travel on Alaska Airlines and most partners. Most other travel can be booked over the phone through our reservations call center. Please visit our airline partners section and check your preferred airline for booking instructions.
Does Alaska status work on American?
Alaska elites will get Main Cabin Extra seating privileges on American Airlines, while American elites will get Premium Class privileges on Alaska.
Can I use Alaska miles to upgrade on American?
Alaska Mileage Plan elite members are eligible for upgrades on American, either to extra legroom economy seating, or to first class.
How do I use my Alaska voucher?
How to use your credit certificate.
- Shop for flights on the alaskaair.com full site.
- Once you’ve made your selection(s), proceed to the payment page.
- On the Payment page, under the wallet and certificates section, select Use certificates or gift cards.
- Enter your certificate code and PIN.
How do I find my Alaska Mileage Plan number?
Your Mileage Plan number can be retrieved the following ways:
- Log into your My account.
- If you are the primary cardholder of an Alaska Airlines credit card, your number is located under your name.
- Call our customer care at 1-800-654-5669, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday, 8:00am – 5:00 p.m.
Can I transfer Alaska miles to Marriott points?
While Alaska doesn’t partner with Amex, Capital One, Chase, or Citi, they do partner with Marriott Bonvoy, so you can transfer over Marriott points.
How do I keep Alaska miles from expiring?
Alaska Mileage Plan Miles do not expire as long as your account is active. Keeping your account active is defined by Alaska Mileage Plan as earning or redeeming at least one mile in a 24-month period.
Do you get miles when you use miles Alaska?
Award travel does not earn miles, with the exception of Money & Miles awards, which earn at 100% of flown miles.
Can I use my Alaska companion fare for international flights?
Can you use the Alaska Companion Fare on international flights? Yes, but you can only redeem the Alaska Companion Fare on Alaska Airlines-operated flights, not partner-operated flights. Alaska currently flies internationally to Canada, Costa Rica and Mexico.