Customers may also advise us of any disability-related travel needs at the time of booking by telephone or, if a reservation has already been made, by calling 1-800-I-FLY-SWA prior to travel. Wheelchair assistance is available from the airport curb to/from gates and between gates for connecting flights.
- 1 How do I get a wheelchair on Southwest Airlines?
- 2 How do I add a wheelchair to my flight?
- 3 Does Southwest board Handicapped first?
- 4 How do you qualify for Southwest Preboarding?
- 5 Can you take a walker on Southwest Airlines?
- 6 What is Southwest Covid policy?
- 7 Do airlines charge for wheelchair assistance?
- 8 How do I book a handicapped flight?
- 9 Which airline is best for handicapped travelers?
- 10 How much do you tip for wheelchair assistance at the airport?
- 11 Why does Southwest Airlines have so many wheelchairs?
- 12 Do seniors get priority boarding on Southwest Airlines?
- 13 Can you check a wheelchair on an airplane Southwest?
- 14 Does Southwest offer seatbelt extenders?
- 15 Can my wife board with me on Southwest?
How do I get a wheelchair on Southwest Airlines?
Yes, you can call our Customer Relations Department and have them add a wheelchair assistance request to your reservation. The phone number is 1-855-234-4654.
How do I add a wheelchair to my flight?
On the day of your flight, you need to reach the airport at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure time of your flight. You can then contact the concerned airline for a wheelchair facility at the airport. You can also do this at the ‘Airline Counter’ in the ‘Visitor’s Lobby’.
Does Southwest board Handicapped first?
Re: Disabled seating Southwest allows passengers with disabilities to preboard, meaning you board the plane before everyone else. You’ll definitely be able to sit next to each other so there’s no need to worry about it.
How do you qualify for Southwest Preboarding?
Southwest allows preboarding only for customers who 1) need a specific seat on the plane, or 2) need assistance boarding the plane. If you find that having a specific seat helps with your anxiety, that would be a way for you to preboard.
Can you take a walker on Southwest Airlines?
Thanks for posting on the Southwest Community! Yes, you can bring your walker and your carryon luggage with you on the plane. When you make your reservation, make sure to specify that you require wheelchair assistance.
What is Southwest Covid policy?
Federal law requires each person (ages 2 and over) to wear a mask at all times in the airport and throughout the flight, including during boarding and deplaning. A properly worn mask completely covers the nose and mouth, is secured to the head, and fits snugly against the side of the face.
Do airlines charge for wheelchair assistance?
Airlines are required to make one available to you, at no cost, in person at the airport or by telephone during the times they are operating.
How do I book a handicapped flight?
Booking a Flight Ticket for Physically Handicapped
- You have to mention and make airlines know very well that you are physically handicapped.
- Contact (1-805-372-0680) the disability service department of the respective airline in order to obtain the flight ticket at a concessional rate.
Which airline is best for handicapped travelers?
7 Best Airlines for Disabled Passengers
- Qantas. As the flag carrier to Australia, Qantas Airways has made significant strides in making air travel accessible to persons with reduced mobility.
- American Airlines.
- Air Canada.
- Delta Airlines.
- Virgin Atlantic.
How much do you tip for wheelchair assistance at the airport?
Wheelchair service: If you or a family member requires the services of an airport wheelchair attendant to get to or between gates and/or onto or off of an airplane, it’s customary to give that person a $3-$5 tip or more depending on how long that person stays with you and how much assistance they provide.
Why does Southwest Airlines have so many wheelchairs?
It’s a first come, first serve free-for-all with seat selection. If you board early, you’ll have your pick of the cabin. And, as it happens, disabled flyers are entitled to preboard the aircraft before all other passengers.
Do seniors get priority boarding on Southwest Airlines?
Seniors do not get priority boarding on Southwest. There is priority boarding for customers who have a specific seating need to accommodate their disability or who need assistance in boarding the aircraft or stowing an assistive device.
Can you check a wheelchair on an airplane Southwest?
You can gate check your personal chair to your connecting location OR you can gate check out to your final destination and request assistance at your connecting location. Since it takes substantial time to bring your personal chair up, I’d recommend the latter if your layover is less than any hour.
Does Southwest offer seatbelt extenders?
Boarding and on the Aircraft Once onboard the aircraft, if necessary, please request a seatbelt extension from our Flight Attendant. Only one seatbelt extension may be used, and only seatbelt extensions provided by Southwest Airlines are approved for use onboard our aircraft.
Can my wife board with me on Southwest?
Starting March 12, anyone on a reservation with an A-List or A-List Preferred Member can board when they do. * That means everyone on the same reservation gets to board together and pick their seat earlier. Because we can all agree the more time you get with your people, the better.”