- Find your trip. You’ll need your 6-character confirmation (also called a ‘Record Locator’).
- Choose from the toolbar. Choose ‘Change trip’ or ‘Cancel trip’ in the top toolbar and follow the prompts.
- Check your email.
- Go to aa.com and choose ‘Manage trips / Check-in’
- Find your trip.
- Rebook and add Flight Credit.
- 1 Can I cancel and rebook a flight?
- 2 Do I get my money back if I cancel a flight?
- 3 Can I change my AA flight for free?
- 4 Can I cancel my American Airlines flight and get a refund?
- 5 How do I cancel a flight and get full refund?
- 6 How late can you cancel a flight American Airlines?
- 7 What happens if American Airlines cancels my flight?
- 8 How do I know if I have a refundable ticket on American Airlines?
- 9 Does American Airlines require Covid vaccine?
- 10 Do I need a Covid test to fly back to the US?
- 11 Can I change my airline ticket date?
Can I cancel and rebook a flight?
Get a cancellation fee waiver, and re-book. The most common is when there’s a significant change to the flight’s schedule. If your flight’s schedule has changed, and you can re-book your ticket for a lower price, just cancel the original reservation at no cost and receive a refund.
Do I get my money back if I cancel a flight?
You are entitled to a refund for your canceled flight — even if the airline says you aren’t. And this may be possible when an airline makes a significant adjustment to its schedule as well.
Can I change my AA flight for free?
If you purchase a ticket that is an unrestricted fare, you can make changes to your flight with no change fee (based on seat availability). However, an additional collection of fare may apply.
Can I cancel my American Airlines flight and get a refund?
Generally speaking, American Airlines will not issue a full refund when you cancel your ticket. Instead, you’ll typically receive a flight voucher that you can use toward a future American flight. This voucher will be for the entire value of your canceled ticket minus the applicable cancellation fee.
How do I cancel a flight and get full refund?
Requesting a full refund for flights within 24 hours of booking is pretty straight forward. Just simply look up your itinerary on the booking site and look for a link or a button to cancel the reservation. Alternatively, you may call the airline or booking agency to cancel.
How late can you cancel a flight American Airlines?
You have up to 24 hours from the time of ticket purchase for a refund if you booked at least 2 days prior to departure. The 24-hour refund policy applies to all ticket types, but you have to cancel the trip to get a refund.* Reservations booked as part of group block do not qualify for the 24 hour refund.
What happens if American Airlines cancels my flight?
If your flight is canceled or a delay causes you to miss your connection, we’ll rebook you on the next flight with available seats. We will reroute your bags automatically when you check in for your new flights. There are 3 ways to view your new trip or to choose a different flight: Open the American app.
How do I know if I have a refundable ticket on American Airlines?
How to know if your American Airlines ticket is nonrefundable
- Viewing fine print on your original booking confirmation email.
- Calling American Airlines reservations.
- Logging into your American Airlines account to see your booking details.
Does American Airlines require Covid vaccine?
If you’re a non-U.S. citizen you must also have proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to fly, unless you qualify for an exception. View exception requirements Opens another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Do I need a Covid test to fly back to the US?
Yes, at this time all air passengers, 2 years or older, traveling to the US, regardless of vaccination or antibody status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 viral test result or documentation of recovery unless exempted.
Can I change my airline ticket date?
If you need to change your flight dates, destinations, or times, your ticket must be reissued. In some cases, airlines will charge a fee for exchanging a ticket. The typical reissue fee charged by the airline is $150 for a domestic ticket, $200 or more for an international ticket.