Submitting a complaint about an airline
- Step 1: contact the airline and try to find a solution together.
- Step 2: submit a written complaint to the airline.
- Step 3: submit a complaint to the authorised body.
- Step 4: If you do not reach a settlement with the airline, you can take your case to court.
- 1 Where can I complain about an airline?
- 2 How do I complain about an airline refund?
- 3 How do I complain about an airline to get the best results?
- 4 How do I escalate an airline complaint?
- 5 How do I file a consumer complaint online?
- 6 How can I complain about airlines in India?
- 7 How do I cancel a flight and get full refund?
- 8 What if flight is Cancelled by airline?
- 9 How long do airlines have to refund you?
- 10 Is there a travel ombudsman?
- 11 Where do I file a complaint against a flight?
- 12 Can I sue the airline?
- 13 How do I contact an aviation minister?
Where can I complain about an airline?
Click here http://www.consumerhelpline.gov.in for registering complaints regarding issues relating to airlines sector. The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) is the regulatory body in the field of Civil Aviation, primarily dealing with safety issues.
How do I complain about an airline refund?
If you are having trouble getting a refund from your airline, contact us on our Freephone number 0800 121 6022 or email [email protected]
How do I complain about an airline to get the best results?
When you first contact your airline, aim to set out your case clearly and concisely. Explain what happened and when, and why you feel you are entitled to receive a payment. Send your claim to the airline’s customer relations department. You can escalate your complaint if you don’t get the result you hoped for.
How do I escalate an airline complaint?
Grievance Redressal Mechanism You must contact the customer care of your airline through the toll-free number provided on their website. You can also drop an email stating your issue along with relevant details and documents. Resolver can assist you with escalating your issue for free.
How do I file a consumer complaint online?
Alternatively, you can also register a consumer complaint online through the following steps.
- Website. The government runs a portal called the Consumer Online Resource and Empowerment Centre (core.nic.in).
- Registration. To lodge a complaint, the consumer has to first register on the site.
- Points to note.
How can I complain about airlines in India?
Air India contact numbers for callers in India Call 24×7 Customer Care numbers 0124-2641407 / 020-26231407 / 1860 233 1407 from MTNL / BSNL lines and Mobile / landlines of most private telecom operators in India only.
How do I cancel a flight and get full refund?
Requesting a full refund for flights within 24 hours of booking is pretty straight forward. Just simply look up your itinerary on the booking site and look for a link or a button to cancel the reservation. Alternatively, you may call the airline or booking agency to cancel.
What if flight is Cancelled by airline?
If your flight is canceled by the airline, you will either be accommodated on a later flight or, if you decide not to travel, you are entitled to a full refund under federal law. Often, airlines will offer travel credits or vouchers in lieu of a full refund, usually valid within a year of use.
How long do airlines have to refund you?
Even when affected by the coronavirus outbreak, airlines are legally obliged to refund the full amount within 7 days after the flight cancellation.
Is there a travel ombudsman?
The air travel ombudsman The Airline Dispute Resolution ombudsman, an extension of the Retail Ombudsman scheme tackles consumer issues that can affect air travel, including delays, cancellations and overbooked flights.
Where do I file a complaint against a flight?
A dedicated email id, ‘ [email protected] ‘, has been created in the DGCA website for complaints to be lodged. Now, harried air travellers can lodge their complaint on any problem faced by them relating to flights or airport facilities directly to aviation regulator DGCA for speedy action.
Can I sue the airline?
U.S. law and U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations exempt airlines from lawsuits by passengers in most circumstances. You may be able to sue in small claims court, but in most cases you can resolve the problem by working directly with the airline or filing a complaint with the DOT.
How do I contact an aviation minister?
Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Address: Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan 110003, Block B, Safdarjung Airport Area, New Delhi.
- Phone No: 011 24610364, 011 24610378.
- Social Media:
- Website: http://civilaviation.gov.in.