Make / modify
- Find your trip. You’ll need your 6-character confirmation (also called a ‘Record Locator’).
- Choose from the toolbar. Choose ‘Change trip’ or ‘Cancel trip’ in the top toolbar and follow the prompts.
- Check your email.
- Go to aa.com and choose ‘Manage trips / Check-in’
- Find your trip.
- Rebook and add Flight Credit.
- 1 How do I change my flight on American Airlines app?
- 2 Can I change my airline ticket date?
- 3 Is it free to change your flight on American Airlines?
- 4 Can you change flights on American Airlines for free?
- 5 What happens if I change my American Airlines flight?
- 6 Can you change non-refundable flights?
- 7 Are American Airlines tickets transferable?
- 8 How can I reschedule my flight ticket?
- 9 Can you change a round trip flight to one way?
- 10 How long do you have to rebook with American Airlines?
- 11 Does American Airlines require Covid vaccine?
- 12 How can I change my flight without a fee?
- 13 Do I need a Covid test to fly?
How do I change my flight on American Airlines app?
How do you change or cancel your American Airlines flight?
- Log in to your AAdvantage account.
- Navigate to the Your trips / Check in tab in the middle of the homepage.
- Click View/Change next to the trip you want to adjust.
- Click Change trip or Cancel trip at the top.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Can I change my airline ticket date?
If you need to change your flight dates, destinations, or times, your ticket must be reissued. In some cases, airlines will charge a fee for exchanging a ticket. The typical reissue fee charged by the airline is $150 for a domestic ticket, $200 or more for an international ticket.
Is it free to change your flight on American Airlines?
American Airlines doesn’t charge a fee for changing most American Airlines flights, and most flights outside basic economy and Web Special award flights are able to be changed. You’ll simply need to pay the difference in fare.
Can you change flights on American Airlines for free?
If you purchase a ticket that is an unrestricted fare, you can make changes to your flight with no change fee (based on seat availability). However, an additional collection of fare may apply.
What happens if I change my American Airlines flight?
American Airlines They say if your departure time changes by 60 minutes or more, or if your itinerary changes from a direct flight to a connecting flight, or if there’s an equipment change, you can change your ticket for no charge.
Can you change non-refundable flights?
Non-refundable tickets: You can reschedule the ticket and you have one year from the ticket’s original issue date to reschedule. The traveler will not lose the value of the ticket.
Are American Airlines tickets transferable?
American Airlines The largest airline in the U.S., American does not allow passengers to transfer a ticket to another person. However, the airline will let most passengers transfer their tickets to another flight prior to the departure time of their original flight.
How can I reschedule my flight ticket?
How it works
- Enter PNR details. Enter your PNR/booking reference number and email ID/last name.
- Select ‘Change flight’ Click on ‘Change flight to proceed.
- Select your flight. Pick the flight you wish to change.
- Select preferred date.
- Choose new preferred flight.
- Select ‘Finish’ and your flight is changed!
Can you change a round trip flight to one way?
Contact the airline before the day of the flight. Ask the company to modify the round-trip ticket for one-way usage. Although airlines practice a varying degree of flexibility, many airlines will modify a round-trip fare to allow one-way use, though some airlines may charge a penalty or fee for this service.
How long do you have to rebook with American Airlines?
Rescheduling your AA booking is free when it is done 24 hours before the booking. According to the rules, rescheduling is possible only before the departure time.
Does American Airlines require Covid vaccine?
If you’re a non-U.S. citizen you must also have proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to fly, unless you qualify for an exception. View exception requirements Opens another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines.
How can I change my flight without a fee?
6 ways to avoid paying an airline’s ticket change fee
- Do it within 24 hours.
- Do it 60 days ahead of time.
- Buy a flexible fare or opt for the add-on.
- Change for a flight on the same day if you can.
- Look for any schedule changes.
- Plead your case.
- Elite status helps.
Do I need a Covid test to fly?
Testing. If you are NOT fully vaccinated, get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before your trip. You have been exposed to COVID-19 unless you are fully vaccinated or recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days. You are sick.