Within the U.S. and Canada
|French||800-756-8613||7 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Portuguese||866-824-8717||6 a.m. – 7 p.m.|
- 1 How do I talk to a real person on American Airlines?
- 2 How do I get a human at American Airlines?
- 3 Does American Airlines have a chat?
- 4 Does American Airlines have online customer service?
- 5 Can I cancel my American Airlines flight and get a refund?
- 6 How do I get a refund from American Airlines?
- 7 Do I need a Covid test to fly?
- 8 What happens if American cancels my flight?
- 9 Do I have to have a negative Covid test to fly?
- 10 Does American Airlines require Covid vaccine?
- 11 How do I cancel a flight with American Airlines?
- 12 How do I find my American Airlines ticket number?
How do I talk to a real person on American Airlines?
In the U.S., please contact American Airlines or American Eagle at 800-433-7300 for further information. If assistance is needed in Spanish, you may dial 800-633-3711. If you have a hearing or speech impairment, you may contact American Airlines or American Eagle at 800-543-1586.
How do I get a human at American Airlines?
To get human at American Airlines Customer Service:
- Dial American Airlines Phone No. 800-433-7300.
- Now Speak “customer service” or “Live representatives”
- Speak “Something else” or Press #
- Now listen to IVR to talk to a real live person at American airlines customer service.
Does American Airlines have a chat?
Chat with us AAdvantage® members can now connect directly with a team member in our new live chat feature. When we’re unavailable, you can also get 24 / 7 virtual help in the tool.
Does American Airlines have online customer service?
Read our frequently asked questions We’re dedicated to providing a positive travel experience for all customers. If you have questions or want to make special travel arrangements, you can make them online or call 800-433-7300.
Can I cancel my American Airlines flight and get a refund?
Generally speaking, American Airlines will not issue a full refund when you cancel your ticket. Instead, you’ll typically receive a flight voucher that you can use toward a future American flight. This voucher will be for the entire value of your canceled ticket minus the applicable cancellation fee.
How do I get a refund from American Airlines?
If you bought your American Airlines ticket directly from us, you can request a refund online or contact Reservations. We’ll process your refund back to the original credit card within 7 days (it should appear on your statement in 1-2 billing cycles).
Do I need a Covid test to fly?
Testing. If you are NOT fully vaccinated, get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before your trip. You have been exposed to COVID-19 unless you are fully vaccinated or recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days. You are sick.
What happens if American cancels my flight?
If your flight is canceled or a delay causes you to miss your connection, we’ll rebook you on the next flight with available seats. We will reroute your bags automatically when you check in for your new flights. There are 3 ways to view your new trip or to choose a different flight: View or change your trip on aa.com.
Do I have to have a negative Covid test to fly?
Yes, at this time all air passengers, 2 years or older, traveling to the US, regardless of vaccination or antibody status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 viral test result or documentation of recovery unless exempted.
Does American Airlines require Covid vaccine?
If you’re a non-U.S. citizen you must also have proof of vaccination against COVID-19 to fly, unless you qualify for an exception. View exception requirements Opens another site in a new window that may not meet accessibility guidelines.
How do I cancel a flight with American Airlines?
To cancel a flight, contact reservations within the U.S. or Canada by calling 800-433-7300. Alternatively, you can cancel an American Airlines flight online at aa.com.
How do I find my American Airlines ticket number?
The ticket number can be found on your:
- Confirmation email and receipt – look toward the end of the email under the ‘Receipt’ section.
- Receipt from Airport / City Ticket Office – look at the bottom in the middle of the ticket.
- Credit card statement.