Spirit Airlines Checked Baggage
|Baggage Type||During Online Check-In (Standard Fare)||Airport|
|1st Checked Bag||$36||$50|
|2nd Checked Bag||$46||$60|
|3rd-5th Checked Bag||$91||$100|
- 1 How do I avoid paying baggage fees on Spirit Airlines?
- 2 Is it more expensive to check a bag at the airport spirit?
- 3 Does Spirit have free checked bags?
- 4 How strict is Spirit on bag size 2021?
- 5 Do you have to pay for checked bags twice on a round trip?
- 6 How many bags can you take on Spirit Airlines?
How do I avoid paying baggage fees on Spirit Airlines?
How to reduce or avoid bag fees on Spirit Airlines
- Only pack a personal item. You can take one personal item that fits underneath the seat in front of you for free.
- Pay for baggage during booking.
- Join the $9 Fare Club.
- Bring your military documentation.
- Use a general travel card.
Is it more expensive to check a bag at the airport spirit?
With Spirit, it’s usually cheaper to check a full-sized bag than it is to bring a carry-on. This is true whether you take the opportunity to lock in bag fees when you book your ticket or wait until the day of travel when the prices for some bag fees have increased by 45% or more.
Does Spirit have free checked bags?
There is no free Spirit Airlines checked baggage allowance. Passengers can check up to five bags into the hold but must pay a fee. Each bag must not exceed 62 inches (158 cm) in total dimensions, or 40 lbs (18.1 kg). *Customers can pay $59.95 to become a member of the $9 fare club.
How strict is Spirit on bag size 2021?
Spirit carry on policy Dimensions must not exceed 22 x 18 x 10 inches with no weight limit, and of course you can also take your personal item on board.
Do you have to pay for checked bags twice on a round trip?
Baggage fees are per bag and per direction. So one way = one charge. Round trip = two charges. If your flight has a connection, bags will generally transfer from flight to flight and no additional fees will apply.
How many bags can you take on Spirit Airlines?
Spirit Airlines’ (NK) standard checked / hold baggage policy details follow: 2 bags standard, up to 5 bags maximum (restrictions exist on international travel – check Spirit’s site for details) Maximum dimensions: 62 inches or 157 centimeters (length + width + height) Maximum weight: 40 pounds or 18 kilograms.