Ready for takeoff?
- Head to your Settings.
- Choose SouthwestWiFi from your WiFi network list.
- If the Inflight Entertainment Portal doesn’t load automatically, type www.southwestwifi.com into the address bar.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy Inflight Entertainment Connectivity!
- 1 Is my Southwest flight Wi-Fi enabled?
- 2 How do I watch movies on Southwest on a plane?
- 3 How do I know if my flight has Wi-Fi?
- 4 How do I get free Wi-Fi on Southwest Airlines?
- 5 How much does Southwest WiFi cost?
- 6 Is Southwest Airlines WiFi good?
- 7 What can you do on Southwest WiFi?
- 8 How do I get free Wi-Fi on a plane?
- 9 Do you have to pay for Wi-Fi on a plane?
- 10 How do you get internet on a plane?
- 11 Does southwest WiFi work on multiple flights?
- 12 Do Southwest planes have USB ports?
- 13 Can you charge your phone on a plane?
Is my Southwest flight Wi-Fi enabled?
You can check if your plane has Wi-Fi by visiting Southwest.com/wifi within 24 hours of your flight’s departure time. You should be able to view your flight details after entering your confirmation number and passenger name. Southwest allows you to use its Wi-Fi for free if you’re just sending messages.
How do I watch movies on Southwest on a plane?
To access free movies from your mobile device or tablet, download the Southwest® app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store before your flight. Access in the Inflight Entertainment Portal to stay connected in the clouds. service only allows access to iMessage and WhatsApp (must be downloaded before the flight).
How do I know if my flight has Wi-Fi?
To see what’s on your flight, check your boarding pass or online ahead of time. Does your flight have Wi-Fi? Phone or tablet:
- Download the American Airlines app before takeoff.
- Enable airplane mode and connect to the “AA-Inflight” Wi-Fi signal.
- If you’re not redirected, open a browser and enter aainflight.com.
How do I get free Wi-Fi on Southwest Airlines?
Southwest offers A-List Preferred elite members free Wi-Fi each time you fly, without having to pay the $8 fee. Just connect to the Wi-Fi service, click the “Connect for free” button and log in to your Rapid Rewards account to score the free connection.
How much does Southwest WiFi cost?
How much does Wi-Fi cost on a Southwest Airlines flight? You can purchase an internet package for $8 per day per device to access the internet. You can purchase messaging capabilities for $2 per day per device. The charge to rent a movie is $5 per day per device.
Is Southwest Airlines WiFi good?
Southwest’s Wi-Fi pricing is the best deal in town — and comes with an incredible perk. Staying connected while flying with Southwest is a breeze. The carrier’s entire fleet of Boeing 737 jets is equipped with gate-to-gate Wi-Fi, so you’ll have no trouble remaining productive inflight.
What can you do on Southwest WiFi?
We offer movies, live and on-demand TV1, texting through iMessage and WhatsApp, and music through iHeartRadio2 —all for free in our Inflight Entertainment Portal, right on your personal device! There are no app downloads or signups required to use the Portal. You can also purchase Internet for $8 all day, per device.
How do I get free Wi-Fi on a plane?
When flying select domestic airlines, and the plane is equipped with Gogo inflight Wi-Fi, then you should be able to connect to the internet for free if you have T-Mobile phone number.
- Turn on your Wi-Fi.
- Find your airline’s internet connection.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Choose T-Mobile.
- Assure the airline that you aren’t a robot.
Do you have to pay for Wi-Fi on a plane?
Do you have to pay for plane Wi-Fi? Most airlines charge for inflight Wi-Fi, with some based on time usage and some on data usage. U.S. airlines tend to offer hourly or day passes available to purchase either prior to, or on the flight, and monthly and yearly subscription services with unlimited use.
How do you get internet on a plane?
If in doubt, open a Web browser window or go to the network settings on your Wi-Fi-enabled device and look for an available network, usually with the airline name. Wi-Fi signals don’t travel much beyond 100 feet, so once you’re in the air, the only available network should be from the plane.
Does southwest WiFi work on multiple flights?
SWA should offer WIFI services across all your devices instead of just one when you sign up and pay for it on that particular flight.
Do Southwest planes have USB ports?
Unfortunately, Southwest doesn’t offer in-seat power outlets or USB ports on any of its Boeing 737s. That means you’ll need to make sure your devices are fully charged before boarding or travel with a portable battery pack to keep your electronics juiced up.
Can you charge your phone on a plane?
You can take all plug-in phone chargers with you in your carry-on or checked bags with ease as they do not contain any form of battery and, therefore, do not present any danger. Typically, you will not be able to use this type of charger onboard as most airplanes do not have power sockets.