Ready for takeoff?
- Head to your Settings.
- Choose SouthwestWiFi from your WiFi network list.
- If the Inflight Entertainment Portal doesn’t load automatically, type www.southwestwifi.com into the address bar.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy Inflight Entertainment & Connectivity!
- 1 How do you get free Wi-Fi on Southwest Airlines?
- 2 How much does Southwest Wi-Fi cost?
- 3 Is my Southwest flight Wi-Fi enabled?
- 4 Does southwest WiFi work on multiple flights?
- 5 Is Southwest WiFi worth?
- 6 Do Southwest planes have USB ports?
- 7 Can you charge your phone on a plane?
- 8 How do I know if my flight has WiFi?
- 9 Does Southwest 737 800 have WiFi?
- 10 What WiFi service does Southwest use?
- 11 Can you zoom on Southwest WiFi?
- 12 Are Southwest seats assigned?
How do you get free Wi-Fi on Southwest Airlines?
Southwest offers A-List Preferred elite members free Wi-Fi each time you fly, without having to pay the $8 fee. Just connect to the Wi-Fi service, click the “Connect for free” button and log in to your Rapid Rewards account to score the free connection.
How much does Southwest Wi-Fi cost?
How much does Wi-Fi cost on a Southwest Airlines flight? You can purchase an internet package for $8 per day per device to access the internet. You can purchase messaging capabilities for $2 per day per device. The charge to rent a movie is $5 per day per device.
Is my Southwest flight Wi-Fi enabled?
You can check if your plane has Wi-Fi by visiting Southwest.com/wifi within 24 hours of your flight’s departure time. You should be able to view your flight details after entering your confirmation number and passenger name. Southwest allows you to use its Wi-Fi for free if you’re just sending messages.
Does southwest WiFi work on multiple flights?
SWA should offer WIFI services across all your devices instead of just one when you sign up and pay for it on that particular flight.
Is Southwest WiFi worth?
Southwest’s Wi-Fi pricing is the best deal in town — and comes with an incredible perk. Staying connected while flying with Southwest is a breeze. The carrier’s entire fleet of Boeing 737 jets is equipped with gate-to-gate Wi-Fi, so you’ll have no trouble remaining productive inflight.
Do Southwest planes have USB ports?
Unfortunately, Southwest doesn’t offer in-seat power outlets or USB ports on any of its Boeing 737s. That means you’ll need to make sure your devices are fully charged before boarding or travel with a portable battery pack to keep your electronics juiced up.
Can you charge your phone on a plane?
You can take all plug-in phone chargers with you in your carry-on or checked bags with ease as they do not contain any form of battery and, therefore, do not present any danger. Typically, you will not be able to use this type of charger onboard as most airplanes do not have power sockets.
How do I know if my flight has WiFi?
To see what’s on your flight, check your boarding pass or online ahead of time. Does your flight have Wi-Fi? Phone or tablet:
- Download the American Airlines app before takeoff.
- Enable airplane mode and connect to the “AA-Inflight” Wi-Fi signal.
- If you’re not redirected, open a browser and enter aainflight.com.
Does Southwest 737 800 have WiFi?
WiFi service can be purchased for $8 a day, per device including stops and connections. Customers use their WiFi-enabled device onboard any Boeing 737-700 or 737-800 aircraft, connect to “southwestwifi,” and launch their browser to be directed to the inflight entertainment portal.
What WiFi service does Southwest use?
Global Eagle had long been the sole provider of Southwest’s Wi-Fi, but in late 2016, the airline said it would begin installing Panasonic platforms on a “portion” of its fleet.
Can you zoom on Southwest WiFi?
Re: Webex and Zoom meetings while on wifi during flight. The policy is that functions that hog the signal aren’t allowed. Thus you can’t even access any streaming site. I would imagine that Webex and Zoom are apps are signal hogs that the airline just hasn’t gotten around to banning yet.
Are Southwest seats assigned?
At Southwest®, we let you sit where you like. We don’t assign seats on our flights, so feel free to sit in any available seat once you board the plane.